Facility: Old Jail Art Center
Supervisor: Executive Director
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience
Compensation: Employee Health Insurance, Generous Vacation/Sick Leave, Paid Holidays, Managed 401K Plan
Minimum Job Requirements:
College degree preferred. Professional appearance and behavior in person and on the phone are essential. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are expected. An interest in art and/or regional history preferred. Computer software skills using PC & Mac operating systems essential. Working knowledge of online purchasing, payment, and account management. Able to lift 50 pounds minimum. Willing to work some evenings and weekends.
A.A. -To assist staff and board in keeping the museum’s office related operations in order. Responsible for processing accounts payable, e-commerce sales and services, managing contracts & vendors, and other general clerical duties.
V.S.A. – To greet and provide general information to visitors and callers regarding museum exhibitions and operations. Oversees operations of gift shop and visitor information area. Assits in monitoring visitors to ensure collection safety.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintains inventory of general office supplies and orders for staff needs
· Processes cash/credit card transactions, completes daily balance sheet, inputs financial information into spreadsheet
· Prepares periodic deposits and statements
· Maintains contracts and payments to phone, utilities, insurance, credit cards, etc.
· Codes, records, and files account receipts/transactions for reference and staff retrieval
· Works closely with accounting firm to prepare and file financial reports
· Assists staff and accounting firm in maintaining budgets
· Demonstrates a commitment to growing and sustaining the OJACs financial health
Visitor Services Associate
· Greets and provides relevant information related the museum, collections, and exhibits to visitors and phone inquiries
· Attends periodic Visitor Service and Exhibition Trainings led by Director of Education
· Responsible for monitoring visitors during visits to ensure collection safety
· Responsible for building opening and closing duties
· Processes and manages sales of gift shop/online sales via Square and Stripe payment platforms
· Manages and maintains gift shop inventory
· Able to work in a museum environment with challenging and changing exhibitions
· Respect for visual arts, history, and associated education is critical
· Ability to prioritize and stay organized in a fast paced work environment
· Able to work evening or weekend events if requested
· Willingness and ability to lift at least 50 lbs
Additional Duties as Needed:
· Stays well informed on current exhibitions, collections, and programs
· Assist with general duties related to building and operations
· Other duties as assigned by Executive Director and assisting other staff with projects
· Command of QuickBooks or Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Adobe Creative Cloud
· Familiarity with Square and Stripe payment platforms an asset
· Willingness to learn new forms of technology/ platforms as required
How to Apply:
Email brief cover letter and resumé by July 30, 2018 to: email@example.com
[with “Administrative Assistant” as subject]
The Old Jail Art Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and seeks diversity in its workforce.