RENT @ OJac
Museum spaces currently available for rental are the Green Art Library and the Stasney Center for Education.
Please review reservation policies below.
How to reserve a space
Contact OJAC Admin. Assistant at 325.762.2269 for inquiries of facility availability. Request an appointment for a site visit and receive Rental Form Packet.
Site visit should take place at least 60 days in advance of the proposed facility rental.
During site visit, Rental Form Packet must be completed and signed by the person or persons who are legally and financially responsible for the event.
- All lessees (individual or organization must be a current member of the OJAC.
- The Green Art Library can accommodate groups of up to 20 persons.
- The Stasney Center for Education can accommodate 200 guests maximum for a cocktail-style reception and 150 maximum for a seated dinner. Piano use is permitted. Lessee is responsible for professional tuning cost if needed.
- Hours of facility rental must take place no earlier than 8:00 am and no later than 12:00 midnight.
- If event rental occurs after 5 pm (public museum hours) lessee is required to pay for one OJAC staff to be present at the rate of $25/ hr.
- If event attendance at event will exceed 100 persons, lessee is required to pay for one OJAC security guard to be present (see rates below).
- Clubs and organizations in the Albany area may use the OJAC once per year without a rental fee; however, are required to reimburse the OJAC for any extra staffing or security costs associated with the use of the facility.
The applicant individual or organization must be a current member of the Old Jail Art Center. Membership levels are as follows:
Click HERE to purchase or update your membership today.
NOTE: The OJAC reserves the right not to rent or prohibit the use of its facility on a case by case basis. Events rentals that are specifically prohibited are weddings and fundraising events for other organizations.
Fees and other deposits
To secure the reservation of a specific date/time, a 25% booking deposit is required. This amount applies toward your total rental fee. A Security Damage Deposit is also required at the time of booking. This deposit will be returned within 30 days to Lessee if no damage is noted to tables, chairs, grounds, equipment, or to the museum itself upon post-rental inspection. If alcohol is being served at an event, the Security Damage Deposit will be doubled. Any event with 100 or more attending will require a security guard. The number of security guards and museum staff needed for each event will be determined by the Executive Director. The number will depend on the nature of the event, number of people attending and the amount of space used. In the event that such a determination is made that additional security and/or museum staff is needed, the cost will be paid by the Lessee. This will be agreed upon in advance with the Lessee. All events have a five-hour maximum, including set-up and clean-up. There will be a $50.00/hour charge for each hour over the maximum. All events, including clean-up, must be concluded by midnight.
Rental Fees Booking Deposit
Up to 50 persons $ 75.00/hr. 25% of Rental Fee
51 to 100 persons $ 125.00/hr. " "
101 to 200 persons $ 200.00/hr. " "
Individuals, businesses, or organizations that have made gifts in the following categories in the previous twelve months may receive a discount. The discount categories are as follows:
$ 500 - $ 999 5%
$ 1,000 - $ 4,999 10%
$ 5,000 - $ 9,999 15%
$ 10,000 - above Free
The balance (Rental Fee, less the 25% deposit, plus Security Damage Deposit and extra staff/security) is due and payable before the close of business at the OJAC 60 days prior to the event. If timely payment is not made, the facilities will not be made available.
The Booking Deposit and Security Damage Deposit is 100% refundable 7 days after date of booking. If cancellation of the event occurs after 7 days of the agreement date, the Booking Deposit will be forfeited, but the Security Damage Deposit will be refunded.
The OJAC will not be held liable for failure to carry out arrangements that are beyond our control.
Lessee will be required to pay for at least one security guard if attendance is expected to be 100 persons or more. The OJAC reserves the right to require and charge for additional security guards as it deems appropriate.
Security Damage Deposit
(Note: At events where alcohol will be served, the Security Damage Deposit will be doubled.)
Up to 50 persons $ 50.00
51 to 100 persons $ 100.00
101 to 200 persons $ 200.00
Any additional staff and/or security needed for event will be paid for by Lessee.